Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PT[_3_] PT[_3_] is offline

Default Word 2003 and 2007 on same computer

I've always used the Office 2003 programs. But recently, I decided to
switch Outlook to the 2007 version. In the process. Office 2007 also
installed the 2007 versions of Excel, Word, etc.

So now I have both Excel 2003, and Excel 2007 on my Windows 7 home
premium computer.

I don’t care at all for the ribbon and other features of Word or Excel
2007. But now my opening an old Word or Excel file brings up 2007
Word or Excel

I know there’s a setting to create an association between .XLS, .DOC
etc.. and a particular program, in this case Excel 2003. I tried to
make the change using Ctrl Panel. But the Office 12 (2007) programs
seem “locked” and won’t change.

Is there any way to make the change so the default programs ore Office
11 (2003)?