Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Find and Replace

In the Replace dialog, click on the More button and the check the Use
wildcards box. Then in the Find what control, enter

[0-9]{5}

and in the Replace with control enter

33032

and then click on Replace all.

See the article "Finding and replacing characters using wildcards" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...gWildcards.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Island Girl" wrote in message
I have many pages of addresses, all of which should bear the same zipcode
of
33032.

I'm trying to find all instances of 5 numbers preceded by a space that are
not 33032, since several people have worked on the document and there
appear
to be quite a few errors in typing that zip code.

I'm sure the "but not" is in there somewhere but I just can't get it
placed
so that I get results. That expression gets me every single time!

Thanks for this and all of your wonderful help over the years. I hope
everybody had a bounteous Thanksgiving. I sure am thankful for you.