Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Phil Ardussi[_3_] Phil Ardussi[_3_] is offline

Default stuck - hard to explain

.... and if I could throw in 2c worth ... I use OmniForm from Nuance. You
scan the form, bring up the image and pop through the form where underline
sections show up. You can also manually set up fields to fill in that don't
have underlines. After filling it in, save and print.

If you can Word to do the job, you don't need to spring for another
application, of course. It's just nice to know it's out there just in case.

"DeanH" wrote in message
What you are looking for is "Forms".
Look up "Create forms that users complete in Word" in the Help for the
basic
instructions for forms and the protection of, and the navigation within.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"David" wrote:

i need to create a new vacation / sick leave request form for the office.
the current form being used, when opened, you just tab all the way
through to
the different sections that need to be filled in (name, dept, dates, etc)
without affecting the text. well, we came up with a new layout and other
options so i have to create the doc from scratch. but, i can't figure out
how
to create it so you just open it and tab to the various sections. right
now,
if i open it, and hit tab, it just edits the document and indents the
text.

i know this is a terrible explanation but can anyone help? thanks.

david