Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jim Moberg Jim Moberg is offline

Default Parse document into table rows dilemma.

Excellent! Thank you!

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

This worked on my machine, but test it on a COPY.

Select All and use Table | Convert Text to Table. Tell it to break the
table at paragraphs, and to create 1 column.

Now you've got your word document in a single-column table, one
paragraph per cell/row.

Put the cursor in the table. Use Table | Insert | Column to the Left.
Is that what you wanted?

Jim Moberg wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to take a word document and somehow feed it
into another blank word document so it ends up in a table with two columns.
Each paragraph would be broken out into a separate row. One of the two
columns would remain blank (preferrably the first one).

The reason I need to do this is because I do data analysis on voice
automated outreach via phone. I currently have to read each of the scripts
we use for the phone calls and figure out where in the script each field is
that's capturing the responses.

The need for two columns is so that I can type in the field name next to the
paragraph and not mess up the indentation order.

If this is not clear let me know and I will clarify.