Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Becky

Default How to keep Word table from altering format?

I did try that also. It still just moves over suddenly.

I have 2 different spots in the table that go beyond the right border I have
set for the table. When I try to delete these 2 cells (1 at a time) ,the
cell deletes but then all of the sudden, the rest of the table shifts to the
right and the entire table format is messed up.

I can quickly save the table sometimes and it will retain the save but when
you reopen the document, the same thing happens again.

I am ready to print this table and can't get 2 of the middle pages to format
even enough to just print 1 copy.

THANKS for your help--the suggestions are great!
Becky

"Rae Drysdale" wrote:

Have you tried Table | Autofit | Fixed Column Width?
--
Rae Drysdale

"Becky" wrote:

I had already set that option to not resize. I am getting frustrated because
the table will be exactly the way I want it and then just "move".

"Rae Drysdale" wrote:

Try Table the way I want | Properties |Options (on the Table tab, beside Borders and
Shading) and uncheck Automatically Resize to fit contents. Hope this helps.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Becky" wrote:

I have created a specific table layout that I wish to use but when I insert
information the table will change the size of the cells . How can I keep the
table defined to the measurements I desire?