Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default AutoText entries will be lost

This suggests that (a) you have saved the template in Word's Startup folder
instead of the user templates folder (see Tools | Options | File Locations
for the respective paths) and (b) you are opening the template and saving it
as a document instead of creating a new document based on the template,
which is the correct way to use it.

"Chuck" wrote in message
Dear MSWord Savants: Today after creating and saving a new template in

Word
2003, when I click to save a document in that new template, I get a

message
box saying, "After saving this document in Word Document format all

AutoText
entries will be lost and the document can no longer be used as an Add-In.

Do
you want to save in this format anyway?" What does this lengthy message

mean
and what, if anything, can or should I do about it? This message is not
obtained when saving a document in the Normal template, only in my new

one.
Much thanks in advance for your help. --Chuck