Charles Kenyon

That is because the toolbar, and the macros and styles, is contained in the
company templates. (It is possible that they are contained elsewhere, in a
more global spot that is activated by the individual templates, but that is
more advanced.)

You might be able to move these to a general location that could be accessed
from other documents, but why not just create your new documents from those
templates (or from a template created from those templates)?

If you need to move them to a global, see
http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step instructions
on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations including
AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros, etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"tommcbrny" wrote in message
Hello,

A custom toolbar that contains all of my company's default styles is
openedeach time I open a company template (also custom created) in Word.
Is
there a way for me to access this toolbar in other Word documents that are
not created from these custom templates?

I have tried view-toolbars, but the toolbar does not appear in the list
of
available toolbars unless I creat the document from one of the templates.

Thanks,

Tom