Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Scott Meyers

Default Margins warning when printing

I've specified a custom page size for my document that is smaller that the US
Letter paper I actually have in my printer. Each time I print the document, I
get the warning, "The margins of section 1 are outside the printable area of the
page." The document actually prints fine on US Letter paper, though I'd prefer
it to be vertically centered on the page. (It's already centered horizontally.)

Googling for this issue has failed to yield a fix, including these two MS KB
articles:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q291336/
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224061/

I get the same warning when I print to PDF instead of printing to a real printer.

I'm using Word 2002. Does anybody know how to make this warning go away?

Thanks,

Scott