Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hgnlordowen hgnlordowen is offline

Default how to fix buffer overrun detected in word 2003

Restart your computer. If you are still having trouble, try updating the
driver for your video card. Failing that, try start menurun or Windows key +
R then type winword.exe /r to repair Word.

A buffer overrun means the computer allocated a block of memory to read
something, but what it tried to read was bigger than the amount of memory
created for it. A huge file might do this, but it is more likely that your
drivers are out of date or your Word installation has become corrupt.

"Modky" wrote:

After about 5 seconds I recieve an error message "buffer overrun detected"
program must close. How may I correct this in simple layman language/