Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default how to fix buffer overrun detected in word 2003

The video driver is not the first place I would look to fix this - see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm or
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541

"yekke" wrote in message
I have restarted my computer and I have done what was written below to
repair
Word. I even ran the Detect and Repair from within Word. How do you update
the driver for the video card?
Perhaps I should allocate more memory for Word. How do I do that?
Is there anything else to try?

"hgnlordowen" wrote:

Restart your computer. If you are still having trouble, try updating the
driver for your video card. Failing that, try start menurun or Windows
key +
R then type winword.exe /r to repair Word.

A buffer overrun means the computer allocated a block of memory to read
something, but what it tried to read was bigger than the amount of memory
created for it. A huge file might do this, but it is more likely that
your
drivers are out of date or your Word installation has become corrupt.

"Modky" wrote:

After about 5 seconds I recieve an error message "buffer overrun
detected"
program must close. How may I correct this in simple layman language/