Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default format field percentage merge Word 2007 from excel 2007

Use the following field construction/formatting switch

Press Alt+F9 to toggle the display the fields in the document, then select
the mergefield and Press Ctrl+F9 to enclose it in an additional pair of
field delimiters and then edit it as follows:

{ = { MERGEFIELD fieldname } * 100 \# "0%" }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"LoisInAlaska" wrote in message
I'm trying to merge data from an Excel 2007 worksheet to a Word document.
I've gotten as far as rounding down from .86999999999999... to .86%, but I
want it to read 86%! Help anyone?