Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lynnie Lynnie is offline

Default format field percentage merge Word 2007 from excel 2007

I am a teacher and we have also battled with this problem for the last few
years sinced we switched to XP. (We ended up using Word2000 with Excel 2000
on two of our computers to merge, that helped). Seems like I have FINALLY
found a better solution and IT IS VERY SIMPLE! (Thank you Jeri Weiser,
University of Wisconsin)

In Microsoft Word, from the Tools menu, select Options...
Select the General tab
Select Confirm conversion at Open
Click OK

Now, whenever you open your data source, a dialog box with 4 options will
come up.
Choose the second option: MS Excel Worksheets via CONVERTER.

It takes a while to open, but afterwards it works just
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L-L-Y-!

Now, whenever you open your data source, a dialog box with 4 options will
come up.
Choose the second option: MS Excel Worksheets via CONVERTER.

It takes a while to open, but afterwards it works just
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L-L-Y-!

"LoisInAlaska" wrote:

I'm trying to merge data from an Excel 2007 worksheet to a Word document.
I've gotten as far as rounding down from .86999999999999... to .86%, but I
want it to read 86%! Help anyone?