Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007 mail merge using Excel 2007 data

In the mail merge main document, you need to use the Update Labels button
under the Write & Insert Fields section of the Mailings tab of the Ribbon to
replicate the setup from the first label on the sheet to all of the other
labels on the sheet.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Munchichic" wrote in message
I'm sorry. I forgot to mention that the merge did appear in the label
format
showing the gridlines and all. The label settings were correct but only
Row
1, Column 1 was being used for each address label. 19 addresses = 19 pages
of
labels since only one label per sheet was being used. I don't understand
what
I did wrong. Thanks again!

"Munchichic" wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry but I don't understand your suggestion.
I'm
very new to Office 2007 and haven't used mail merges too much in the
past.
What exactly do I need to do? Thank you!

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Munchichic,

Your problem description suggests you didn't choose the 'labels' merge
option.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Munchichic" wrote in message
Hi Everyone. I'm new to Office 2007 and I can't figure out this
problem. I
created an address database in Excel to use in a Word mail merge for
mailing
labels. After several attempts I finally got the data to merge (the
normal
DDE method didn't work as it said there was no data).

There are only 19 labels in the merge. They only show in Preview
using the
very top left label field; I can scroll through all of the 19 records
and
they all appear in the same spot. If I print the mail merge only one
label
prints in that very same spot. I need ALL of the labels to be on the
same
document. What am I doing wrong?

Once I succeed in having all of the labels on the same page is it
possible
to only select one, or speciifc, label(s) to print without deleting
the rest
on the sheet? Any help is greatly appreciated. This is a project at
work
where data is on a network drive if that helps. Thank you and I hope
you all
have a great weekend!