Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Fixed numbered lines

My interpretation of "fixed" numbering was that it shouldn't reflect actual
lines in the text (there used to be a Legal Pleading template that worked this
way), but I realize that your interpretation is equally likely in this case. :-)

It is always a good idea to use Spacing Before or Spacing After instead of blank
paragraphs to create spacing between paragraphs.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dan_waldo" wrote in message
Another way to do this might be to invoke the line numbering function (page
layout / line numbering / restart each page) and then use the paragraph
formatting (in the home tab) to affect line spacing -- most particularly line
spacing itself for double space and then increasing "spacing after" to add
extra space between paragraphs.

But I may have grossly underestimated your problem, too!

"moon4707" wrote:

Hi,

I have to type a legal document that must have fixed numbered lines along
the left margin. The numbering will run from 1 to 28. By fixed numbered
lines, I mean that the numbering does not change position with carriage
returns, i.e., the left margin numbers remain unaffected by carriage returns.
How would I make a template to do this?

Thank you for any help you can give me.