Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Default Top and bottom margins missing in Print Layout

See this article:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"smoddelm" wrote:

Suddenly, I find that, on opening Word, the vertical ruler no longer shows
the top and bottom margins. Text starts at the very top of the page, with no
apparent top or bottom margin, even though 1" is the selected margin in page
setup. However, if I do a print preview, the appropriate margin shows on the
preview page. Also, if I show headers and footers and then close them, the
visible margins reappear and work fine for every subsequent file opened in
that session of Word. However, as soon as I close Word and re-open it, the
top and bottom margins are "gone" again (text back to the very top of the
page). If I open the Normal.dot template, it appears totally "normal."

Any suggestions would be appreciated