Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Templates and Shortcut Keys

Instead of saving the template with a new filename, try this: in the New
dialog, select your template and choose Template as the type of file to
create. Your shortcut keys should then be saved in the newly created
template (I think).

"Amy G" Amy wrote in message
I have created a template and added shortcut keys for several styles. I
notice that the shortcuts seem to be attached to the template's file name.
want to create additional templates based on the original, making only
minor
changes. When I save the new template with a new file name, the shortcuts
disappear. Is there a way to keep the shortcuts when doing a "Save As" of
template? Should I use a macro add the shortcuts to the additional
templates?