Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Andy Fish Andy Fish is offline

Default quick styles in word 2007

Hi,

I have a document with 10 or so styles that I work with regularly. In word
2003 and before there is a drop-down list of styles which I can use to just
select the style for the current paragraph, which is nice and easy.

however, in word 2007 this seems to have been replaced by the "quick styles"
toolbar which contains the standard built-in styles (which I don't use). I
spent about 1/2 an hour changing this to have my styles in it but the next
time I came to use the word it was all set back again (or maybe the quick
styles list is stored per document - I don't know)

at the moment, the only way I can easily select the styles for paragraphs as
I'm editing the document is to have the styles window open on the right hand
side of the document the whole time.

so what i'm looking for is a way to either (a) show the drop down styles
list like previous versions of word, or (b) have the quick styles toolbar
show the styles that are defined in the document rather than the microsoft
built in ones

thanks

Andy