Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sondra Sondra is offline

Default Need Helping Creating Mailmerge File

I have a letter that I want to merge with an records from an Access database.
I have no problem creating the fields for the mailmerge; however, I need to
be able to have the file stop at certain locations within the letter to enter
miscellaneous data. I have tried the Fillin field and also the Ask field,
but for some reason it isn't working.

Then I learned about User forms and wondered if I could mail merge with a
userfield.

So I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to create a mailmerge and have a Userform for the
miscellaneous fields?

2. Why would my ask fields not be working? The prompts pop up, but nothing
merges into the letter.

Any help would be great.