Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default No Backup saved when "Always Create Backup Copy" checked. Why?

This *may* be an indicatiuon of minor corruption in the settings sub key of
the Word data key in the registry (see
http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm ) Temporarily rename that
subkey to (say) oldsettings and restart Word. If the problem has gone away,
you will have to restore a raft of personal settings in tools options and
autocorrect. If not, delete the new settings sub key and rename your old one
back again and see

http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

tamoeller wrote:
I have previously been saving backup copies of all Word documents
automatically by setting the program to do so by going to: Tools -
Options - Save and clicking "Always create backup copy"

Although I have rarely needed the backups, when I have it has always
been a critical situation, and the Backup copy saved me.

However, now Word is no longer saving an automatic Backup copy. And I
cannot determine why. The setting is the same. I must have
inadvertantly changed a setting somehow, and I have no idea what/how
or when. Anybody have an idea of what I can do to again
automatically save a Backup copy? Help! And Thanks! Ted Moeller -
Wichita, Kansas