Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Default How to password protect multiple exisitng doc files at one time

That would have to be done at the operating system level, possibly
password-protecting the folder the files are in (assuming your O/S supports
such protection). What operating system are you using? (To do it using Word,
you'd need a macro of some kind, since Word itself doesn't provide mass
protection.)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Sparky" wrote in message
Can someone tell me how to mass password protect my documents?
I have many existing documents but do not feel like opening every file to
set the password protection. Is there an easy way to do many docments at
the
same time?
Hope you know a way....