Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default How to remove indent in table cell from Excel

Thanks, but that doesn't get rid of the inherited indents-- it only gets rid
of the cell padding. As I said, I was unable to get rid of the indents using
the Table Properties dialog. Something in the text from Excel carries an
indent with it, but I can't find any way that it's defined within Word. If
you make a test worksheet in Excel and use the indent button on a few cells
(use different indents in different cells to make it conspcuous), then import
it to Word, I think you'll see the effect I mean.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Dim i As Long, j As Long
With ActiveDocument.Tables(1)
For i = 1 To .Rows.Count
For j = 1 To .Columns.Count
.Cell(i, j).LeftPadding = 0
Next j
Next i
End With

I copied part of an XLS spreadsheet to create a Word table. The text in
many

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]

My purpose is to do this within VBA, in case that changes the answer.

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN