Shauna Kelly

Hi Craig

Beware of Word's terminology, because it can lead you astray. To tell Word
that a certain paragraph should be in a certain style you "apply" the style.
To tell Word that you would like that style to be Arial, Green, Bold, 15pt
with a border you "modify" the style.

The following articles might help:

How to apply a style in Microsoft Word
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/styles/ApplyAStyle.html

and

How to modify styles in Microsoft Word
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

But best of all might be

Creating a Template – The Basics (Part I)
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...platePart1.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"macho" wrote in message
Thanks Ann,

You may well be right. I have been using my own "normal.dot" for many
years.
I saved my own template normal dot and copy it whenever I
reformat/reinstall Office Suite.
I am using the same template normal dot for both office and home
computers. For my office computer, the only problem is the name of style
("heading 3" for my office computer). Other than that, everything is just
fine.

So what I wish is to learn how to modify Style from heading 3 to normal.
TIA. Craig

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
news:ba93e$42d0885f$97c5108d$22669@allthenewsgroup s.com...
Hi, Craig. Rename the normal.dot file...
http://www.officearticles.com/word/a...osoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"macho" wrote in message
I am currently using 97Office Word under WinXP Pro/SP2.
I normally use Arial/font size 10 for all my documents with Office
suite.
But whenever I open Word, the "Style" box on the formatting toolbar
shows
"heading 3".
Font size for my documents is too big.
How can I change "heading 3" into "normal" in the style box? Craig