Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jamie Collins Jamie Collins is offline

Default Copy formatted text but not headers/footers

I have the following VBA code to copy some text from between Word documents
(I'm familiar with VBA but not the Word object library):

Const PLACEHOLDER_TEXT As String = "||ADD TEXT HERE||"

' Copy from source to clipboard
docSource.Activate
docSource.Sections(x).Range.Copy

' Paste from clipboard to target
docTarget.Activate
Selection.Find.Execute PLACEHOLDER_TEXT, , , , , , True,
WdFindWrap.wdFindContinue
Selection.Paste

What I want is for the section's formatted text to be copied/pasted into the
existing section in the target document so that the headers/footers in the
target document are preserved.

However, what seems to be happening is that the copied text is pasted as a
new Section object including the now empty headers/footers.

In other words, I want the formatting (fonts, tables, borders, etc) from the
source document but not the headers/footers. Is this possible? Thanks