WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I make a double subscript?

Making a double subscript in Microsoft Word

1. Type the base text, in this case "VO2".
  1. 2. Highlight the first character that you want to subscript, in this case the "O" after the "V".
    3. Right-click on the highlighted text and select "Font" from the drop-down menu.
    4. In the "Font" dialog box, check the box next to "Subscript" and click "OK". This will make the "O" subscripted.
    5. Now, highlight the subscripted "O".
    6. Again, right-click on the highlighted text and select "Font" from the drop-down menu.
    7. In the "Font" dialog box, check the box next to "Subscript" again and click "OK". This will make the "2" subscripted as well.

And that's it! You should now have "VO2" with the "O" subscripted for the "V" and the "2" subscripted for the "O".