Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Default Word 2007 Crashes

Are you using an English Word? If not, which language? Do you have any
language pack installed?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://ribboncustomizer.com
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

" wrote in message

Hi ?B?ZGFya2x5bmRzZWE=?=,

Word 2007 keeps crashing on me, usually at least once a day (I have it open
pretty much constantly). Sometimes it keeps running according to the task
master but I cannot use it until I end the process and open Word again, while
other times it restarts right away. Is this a known issue? Is there a
planned fix or a way to prevent this already?

Not heard of anything like this, so it must be something particular to you
configuration. Can you detect any kind of pattern? Does it tend to happen with
particular documents? After you perform certain actions?

Do you get any kind of message?

If it's staying open in the task manager, I'd suspect you may have some kind of
Add-in installed. Possibly the Add-in is having problems?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)