Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Reduce File Size with many images

Hi James,

I Have Word (XP) document that is rather large because of a lot of images. I
thought there was a "shortcut" key stroke that would "convert" the images
and in turn reduce the overall file size. I'm not having any luck finding
it, does anyone here know of one?

The "shortcut" key stroke is similar to the Remove All Hyperlinks: CTRL+A
(Select All) then CTRL+SHIFT+F9 (remove hyperlinks)

I've never heard of anything like this for images. As far as I know, the only
way to reduce file size is to link in the images without saving them in the
document (IncludePicture field with the \d switch).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)