Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How do I permanently change the indent in labels?

There are no templates per se, just label definitions, which are stored
internally, except for custom ones, which are stored in the Windows
Registry. Many of the label definitions do have a paragraph indent, but I
don't think this is user-customizable. You can, however, create a template
for any specific label size from your New Document. Just change the left
indent as needed and save the document (without content) as a template.

"BikeRNick" wrote in message
Word 2000: If I select Tools, Envelopes & labels, Labels(tab), Options,
choose any address label (e.g. J8159 in A4 labels), OK, New Document, I
successfully get a page of labels displayed, with gey borders etc. So far

so
good.

But the left indent is too small and the print is on the very edge of the
labels when printed.

I can move the "First Line Indent" and "Hanging Indent" markers on the

ruler
to change this to what I want but my question is:-

"How do I change the label template so that the indents are automatically
set to what I want when I open a new label document instead of having to
manually change them everytime?" "Where are the templates for labels? I

have
searched my whole system for .dot files and I can't see anything that

looks
like the templates for labels"

Grateful if anyone can pint me in the right direction.

Thanks

--
BikeRNick