Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

Default How do I permanently change the indent in labels?

Word doesn't use templates for labels. It uses in-built tools to create a
table that matches the chosen label format.
By default Word uses the normal paragraph style to format labels, but you
can apply any style you want. You could save the formatted 'new document' as
a template for single pages of labels and mail merge, albeit not through the
envelope/label tool.

BikeRNick wrote:
Word 2000: If I select Tools, Envelopes & labels, Labels(tab),
Options, choose any address label (e.g. J8159 in A4 labels), OK, New
Document, I successfully get a page of labels displayed, with gey
borders etc. So far so good.

But the left indent is too small and the print is on the very edge of
the labels when printed.

I can move the "First Line Indent" and "Hanging Indent" markers on
the ruler to change this to what I want but my question is:-

"How do I change the label template so that the indents are
automatically set to what I want when I open a new label document
instead of having to manually change them everytime?" "Where are the
templates for labels? I have searched my whole system for .dot files
and I can't see anything that looks like the templates for labels"

Grateful if anyone can pint me in the right direction.

Thanks