Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Inserting Fames and Pictures

Well, yes, you do have to wait for the menu to open if you want to drop it
on the menu.

"G.G. Biggar, Jr." wrote in message
It's a small point, but:

When one drags the reference to the toolbar, placing it, for example, over
the Insert tab, the reference is placed alongside the Insert tab when the
mouse button is released, and the reference does not become a member of
the
dropdown list under the Insert tab. However, if one continues to drag the
reference down through the items shown in the dropdown menu, it will then
be
placed there when the mouse button is released.

Again, a small point for those who may be in the habit of doing such on a
regular basis.

GGB

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You have been told twice: Drag it to the menu. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm

"G.G. Biggar, Jr." wrote in message
Is there a way to place the Insert Frame reference under the Insert tab
(i.e., as part of the drop down menu), as opposed to adding the Insert
Frame
option to the toolbar itself? I had it that way before, and it takes
up
less space on the toolbar, which is crowded as it is.

GGB

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Tools Customize Commands All Commands InsertFrame - drag to
wherever
you want it.

G.G. Biggar, Jr. wrote:
Because I often place titles, or captions, with the pictures/graphs
that I am importing, I find it easier to move the chart and caption
together as a unit. I think that it was Suzanne who showed me this
technique a few years back when I was writing a book on Model "A"
Fords.

I have found the Insert Frame tab under the Forms toolbar, as you
stated. I can place it either separately on the toolbar on top or,
if I wish to place it under the Insert tab, how do I accomplish
that?

Gordon Biggar

"G.G. Biggar, Jr." wrote in message
Recently, I had to restore my Office 2000. Traditionally, when I
would work with pictures and frames, I would first prepare the
picture in Photoshop. Once to the size that I wanted, I would
insert
it into my Word document, using Insert\Picture\From file.

Then, to move the picture about the page easily, I would place the
picture within a frame by first dragging the mouse vertically down
the left side of the page (by the side of the picture); this would
highlight the picture in black and white relief. Then, I would
click on Insert\Frame, etc. Now, when I do this, there is no Frame
option under the Insert tab.

Where did it go?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Gordon Biggar