Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default "keep with next" not reliable in Word 2007

Check whether you have Keep Lines Together checked in any of your text
styles -- if you're telling Word it's not allowed ever to insert a
soft page break, it's going to have to add it somewhere!

On May 27, 4:06*pm, Kimmie B
wrote:
Can anybody offer some help with the "Keep with Next" check box in headings
in Word 2007?

I work with the paragraph markers visible, so I know that there are no empty
paragraphs after a heading.

The space after the paragraph is modest, like 3 pts.

Heading levels 1 and 2 sometimes keep the next paragraph with the heading
and sometimes the next paragraph breaks off to the next page. (I've tested
this with both single- and multi-line paragraphs.) From as far as I can tell,
heading levels 3 and 4 seem to work OK.

I've verified that the "keep with next" check box is indeed selected for all
my heading styles.

Is this just a bug of 2007? Do I need to know a secret encantation?