dhprof

Default MS Office 2003 Word Document Icons

I have used Office Xp for some time but recently switched to Office 2003
professional. Since doing so, I have encountered a strange problem.
Whenever I open a folder on one of my secondary hard drives, the normal Word
document icons in every folder and on every drive are switched to the generic
icon that Windows uses for unknown files (this does not happen to the icons
representing files created by the other programs in Office 2003). The generic
looking icons still work -- they open the proper documents -- and the regular
Word 2003 icons are restored whenever I re-start. However, the appearance is
very distracting. What is going on ?