Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default 'Automcatic' Formatting

For the second problem, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html. In Word
2002 and above, using the Paste Options button, you can choose Destination
Formatting.

The first problem is probably related to the first. Word's formatting
(including font formatting) is based on styles. Just one example of how this
might affect your document: Suppose you have selected all the text in your
document and applied direct font formatting (Arial 10) but have not
redefined the Normal style (which remains TNR 12). You then select a
paragraph and apply Heading 1 style (or perhaps Word does this for you via
AutoFormat As You Type because you have not disabled automatic headings).
When you press enter at the end of the heading, you will get Normal style
because it is defined as the default "Style for following paragraph" for all
the heading styles. You have not modified Normal style, so it is still TNR
12, and that's what you get.

http://word.mvps.org

"Andy Smith" wrote in message
Hiya,

Is there any way to stop Word (and Outlook for that matter) from jumping
between fonts automatically.

I've set a couple of documents to Arial size 10, but sometimes when I hit
return it reverts to Times New Roman size 12. The same happens in Outlook.

Also, when copy from a to b where the font is different, can I force
Office
apps to preserve destination formatting all the time?

Thanks