jaykay

Default Figure List when inserting cross-reference.

I'm writing a large report (~100 pages with over 100 figures and tables) and
I'm using the referecne feature included with office 2003. I'm adding a
caption and a figure number to each inserted figure and then using the insert
cross-reference feature to link the figure to the written text - all so i can
add extra figures and automatically update the figure numbers throughout.

What I've found though is that as I'm writing, and adding figures, the list
in the insert cross-reference window starts at figure 1, which means Ihave to
scroll to the bottom every time. surely therefore it makes more sense for
the list to be in reverse order, so that the most recently inserted figure is
at the top? i appreciate that everybody works differently, so how about an
option (change view button?) or at leat make the list window re-sizable?

Happy holidays!