Posted to microsoft.public.word.mail,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
David Knight

Default INCLUDE PICTURE with MERGE FIELD

I have something strange going on with a Word/Access 2003 mail merge. I am
using the INCLUDEPICTURE command in order to add a unique signature to the
end of a letter, based on a Path and FileName stored in my database. Here
is what appears in my Word file:

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "{MERGEFIELD SignatureFileName }" /* MERGEFORMAT}

When I click on SAVE in Word - it replaces my merge field with the actual
database value from the record I am on. So after saving, it reads:

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "C://FolderName//DFKSig.bmp" /* MERGEFORMAT}

Of course, when I run Merge to New Document - all the signatures are the
same. If I manually remove the ""C://FolderName//DFKSig.bmp"" and replace
it with the MERGEFIELD - then run the letters it works. But if I save, it
puts the "C://FolderName//DFKSig.bmp" back in. So, I have to do this manual
step each time.

I have seen tons of posts here about merging images, and have followed all
the instructions.

Why would clicking SAVE change what I just did? Please help. thanks!!!

David Knight
RoundTable Solutions