Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Anand

Default Setting up Tabs and Indentation to write programs in Word.

Hi Doug,

Actually my question was about how to setup such a Style - the options under
"Modify Style" dont let me set up the two parameters I have indicated below.
For example, I cannot seem to replace tabs with spaces. And when I hit
"enter" I would like for the cursor to not go to the left margin as it does
now (say in Plain Text).

Thanks,
Anand.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Create a style in which you have the paragraph formatted with tabs and
indents that meet your requirements. You will also need to define the font
used by the style to a non-proportional spaced font (such as Courier New)

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Anand" aanandgAThotmail.nospam.com wrote in message
Hi,

Is it possible to set up a style that is convenient for writing programs
in
MS Word ? In particular, I have two requirements not satisfied by the
"Plain
Text" style:
1) I want the tab key to correspond to 4 spaces
2) When say enter from a given line, the cursor should position itself
where
the previous line started, with spaces upto that point. To understand my
context, the code I want to type out is going to look like this:
FunctionName() {
Line1();
Line2();
}