Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Oe,

In to Tools/Macro/Security and setting macro security to "middle" would help.

But your question is that the template should be automatically trusted, right?

First, check and make sure that you've put the template in the WORD Startup
folder, and not the Office one. The former is "trusted" the latter is not.

And then check in Tools/Macro/Security that the checkbox to enable installed
templates and addins is activated.

If all that doesn't help, check the path settings in Tools/Options/File
locations with the paths to the "trusted" folders you've used and make sure
they match.

I have just switched to Windows XP/Word 2003 on a new PC.

I had a "send to xxx.dot" on Word 2000 which I had put in the Word start up
folder and had as an addition in Templates/Add-ins.

It enabled me to press File/Send to... and copy the file to another folder.

I have copied this macro over to my new PC and it shows up where I expected.

Unfortunately, when I try to run it, I get the 'helpful' macro security help
file or "Copy failed, command failed".

Also, I cannot run the macros under Tools | Macro | Macros ... although I
can see them in the macro box. I just get "The macros in this project are
disabled."

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org