Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Fetsch Mary Fetsch is offline

Default Text Form Date

Thanks so much!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

This could be done with an "Entry" macro assigned to the form field in
question. What follows is a simple version of such a macro:

Sub TestMacro()
If Trim$(ActiveDocument.FormFields("Text1") _
..Result) = "" Then
ActiveDocument.FormFields("Text1") _
..Result = Format$(Now(), "MMMM DD, YYYY")
End If
End Sub

It is assumed that the bookmark name specified for the field is "Text1"
(which is the default). If you have chosen a different name, you should of
course use that one instead.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mary Fetsch" wrote in message
news
In my Word 2007 document, I have a text form with Type equal to 'Date'.
Is
there a way I can set the default date to be the current date? (I don't
want
to set the Type to 'Current date' because then the user can't change it.)
Thanks!

Mary Fetsch

.