Jezebel

The trick is to avoid the Selection object completely. Don't try to 'go' to
the header. Refer to the headers directly, eg

With Activedocument.Sections(3).Headers(wdHeaderFooterF irstPage)
.LinkToPrevious = false
.Range = "New header for first page of section 3"
End with

"Rick Tawney" wrote in message
I'm using Microsoft Word 2002 SP3 on XP to try and use macros to create
different headers within a document with, the user is prompted with MsgBox
for input. There seems to be two problems. 1) When I use a macro to go to

the
current header ir does not. It may go to the last or the next header. 2)

The
curser location in the header can not be controlled with a macro. When
instructed to go to the top then move down two lines it does not.

Any help would be appreciated.
--
Rick Tawney