Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cone Cone is offline

Default Word files in "blue"

Thanks for the reply. i dont' know how to encrypt so i suppose that the
files are compressed. I do a disk cleanup on a regular basis, during which i
"compress old files". Still not all of my old files turn blue. I tried to
use Help, but could not figure out what to look for (blue files was not
correct). Anything else you can pass along would be greatly appreciated.
Thnkss.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Blue files are encrypted or compressed (see Windows Help).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cone" wrote in message
i have noticed that within file folders, some of my word docs are colored
"black" and some are "blue". The reason appears to be time - the "blue"
files are older than the "black" files. i cannot figure out just exactly
how
old a file has to be to turn "blue". How can i adjust this so that files
turn blue after a certain amount of time? thanks.