Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default TOC not updating

First press Alt+F9. Does the TOC display as a TOC field, something like
this: { TOC \o "1-3" \u \h }? If not, it has been deleted from your
document. Press Alt+F9 to hide field codes again and then reinsert the TOC.

If your TOC field is intact, try selecting it and pressing Ctrl+Shift+F11 to
unlock it. Can you update it now?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Charmaine Dean" wrote in message
My TOC has just stopped updating although I've inserted a new heading
correctly, as far as I can see. When I go to the update button it's greyed
out. I've had this happen before, years ago, but can't remember how we
solved
it. Can anyone help? Thanks