Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
LLChoi LLChoi is offline

Default Date-Time switch not working for merge field

I'm trying to get a list of times for a music competition merged, and as
such, the fields I am merging are sometimes coming from a directly entered
time (like the first one in each group) or a calculated formula (based on the
start time and length of performance of the entrant before). I am getting
the results I want if the time is directly entered, but not if it is the
result of a formula. The codes I'm using a

{ MERGEFIELD "Competition" \@ "h:mm am/pm" \* MERGEFORMAT }

which returns : 1/1/1900 8:34:30 AM instead of just: 8:34 AM

The formula in the Excel spreadsheet is simply:

=R2+O2+TIME(0,2,0)

where R2 is the previous entrant's start time, O2 is the total time of the
previoius entrant's program, then 2 minutes are added for judges to write
comments.

I think I'm doing it correctly, it seemed to work last year, but the
formatting is not happening this year. I just don't want to go through all
the entries to edit out the date and seconds for each time I want to list on
each merge file, and I've got 6 different merge documents that I'm trying to
create.