Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rockhammer rockhammer is offline

Default opn dialog box

I'm answering my own question...

please see this... http://kb.sage.edu/kb/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=236

to get to the add-ins, go to the office button in excel, click excel
options, click excel options, at bottom click "go" button when "manage" drop
down menu is showing "excel add-in"

It brings up add-ins window in 2003 type of view. just choose a couple
(analysis toolpak, etc.) and click "ok". This is the "let it run for a minute
or so" part in the above web page.

"rockhammer" wrote:

I'm in this 2nd category...

I don't know what I did beforehand but I'm trying to insert a chart now but
it pops up a msg saying "cannot insert chart. must close dialog box first"
essentially. But there are no dialog boxes. In fact even if I exit from word
2007 completely and restart, I still see this msg when I insert a chart.
Baffling! Any help would be appreciated.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Use the X in the upper right corner or the Cancel button. If you are
getting a message that "Word cannot do [whatever] because a dialog box is
open," but you don't see a dialog box, then minimize the Word window to see
if the open dialog box is behind it.

http://word.mvps.org

"hb3" wrote in message
how do i close an open dialog box?