Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MichelleL MichelleL is offline

Default Applying Custom Templates: Headers, Footers not appearing

Hello!
First off, thank you for creating these forums. Ne'er has there been a
URL that so expresses my feelings at the moment.

After banging my head against the wall and fighting with Visual Basic
to create a template full of fancy bells and whistles for my client,
I've come up against a probably simple, but amazingly annoying issue.

When I apply my template to a document, the headers and footers don't
appear. I don't understand. (Yes, I click View -- Headers, Footers.)
They're not there.

I go back to the template. They exist. I create a new document. They
exist. I apply the template to a document with no headers/footers (or
in some cases existing headers/footers) and nothing.

If it were just for me, I'd come up with a workaround. But I need to
hand this template off to a client who needs to work with it. Cutting
and pasting, etc, isn't going to do it.

Surely there is a way to make the headers and footers appear when
applying to an EXISTING document.

Thank you so much, in advance, for any help you might provide.

Cheers,
Michelle

Almost forgot - I'm using Word 2003.

--