Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Word 2003 acting weird...

There is by default an AutoCorrect entry that converts three periods into a
single ellipsis character. You can go to Tools AutoCorrect Options and
remove that entry, or you can set a tab stop with a dot leader
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...ettingTabs.htm) which will be
much less effort than manually typing all the dots.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

silas wrote:
Using the Courier New font, when I type out a dotted line the dots
start out nicely spaced. then they condense into a tightly spaced
dotted line. This continues for every three or four dots so that,
instead of an evenly spaced dotted line I end up with about three
times as many dots jammed into the same amount of space.

How can I get my dots to remain at the spacing I intend?

Thanks.

silas