Mark

Default Captions and document corruption

Do captions cause documents to corrupt? I have been tearing my hair out
trying to generate a table of contents with multiple files in Word 2002 (XP
platform). The TOC stops generating (says "file is repaginating" and then
stops), typically on a page where I have a table with a caption. If I
remove the caption and cleanse the file (by saving as html and then back to
Word), it works fine. But if a put a caption back in, the problem starts
again. Is there a workaround, other than manually listing every table in a
500-page document?