OHM \( Terry Burns \)

Thanks Charles,

It would have been far more insightful for MS to have simply added a
property to the document to set the default fileSave name. I find it
incredible that Word 2003 is so lacking in this respect and many others
which I have discovered in the last few days.

After coding in VS.NET this is like coming from a Boing 747 cockpit to a
twin engine Sesser. Really annoying.

Regards

--
OHM ( Terry Burns ) * Use the following to email me *

Dim ch() As Char = "ufssz/cvsotAhsfbuTpmvujpotXjui/OFU".ToCharArray()
For i As Int32 = 0 To ch.Length - 1
ch(i) = Convert.ToChar(Convert.ToInt16(ch(i)) - 1)
Next
Process.Start("mailto:" & New String(ch))
--
"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
"OHM ( Terry Burns )" wrote in message
HI Jeff,

Fair point I could have stated the operating system (XP) but the point is
not if the characters are valid or not, simply that only Alpha Numerics
are allowed Despite the legal characters such as an underscore cause the
filename taken from the title field to break.

So for example, title = My_FileName

When saving the new document, the Save Dialog box contains 'My'

Whereas 'My Filename' works

See my dilema now ?

--
OHM ( Terry Burns ) * Use the following to email me *

Dim ch() As Char = "ufssz/cvsotAhsfbuTpmvujpotXjui/OFU".ToCharArray()
For i As Int32 = 0 To ch.Length - 1
ch(i) = Convert.ToChar(Convert.ToInt16(ch(i)) - 1)
Next
Process.Start("mailto:" & New String(ch))
--
"JBNewsGroup" wrote in message
Hi Terry,

You did not say which operating system you are on, but start with
reading:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...c_fil_rbrx.asp

You could also go to www.microsoft.com and type "file names" into the
search
box. Some of the results are extraneous but should give you a starting
point. Below is the address for the above search results:

http://search.microsoft.com/search/r...2file+Names%22

Jerry Bodoff

"OHM ( Terry Burns )" wrote in message
As we all know the title property of the document can be used as a
default
file save name, however, I have found that it will accept characters
like
_
or : in the title, but will ignore anything after those.

Does anyone know of an escape sequance which can be used to make word
interpret these as literals. Backslash does not work.

Hey ho the nuances of word have me baffled again. !