Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default 2007 Issue: Smart Art uneditable : Is this correct

Opening a Word 2003 document in Word 2007 will not convert text into a
graphic. My guess is that it was a scanned image saved in W2003. What you
are seeing is that scanned image.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in message
I had a 1 page doc in 2003 that was put into a document in 2007 and it
BECAME
I guess a "smart art" or picture that was uneditable. How can this text
pages be edited? What I mean is it when you click on it, it has a picture
box around it and the picture menu pops up from the 2007 icons.
--
Janet A.