Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Directly applied formatting in tables suddenly change to style

If Normal.dot becomes attached to a document, it's usually because the
original template is unavailable.

"Jane" wrote in message
Yes, Blank.dot is my firm's custom template for blank documents.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is Blank.dot a custom template (Normal.dot is the template on which a

Blank
Document is based)?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jane" wrote in message
Yes, I looked at that and it is cleared. It seems to be happening on

an
automated process (i.e., TOC update, Index update, save (doc id

update)).
Can't pinpoint it though. I did notice today that the template

changed
from
Blank.dot to Normal.dot. Could this be a template issue?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you haven't already, clear the check box for "Define styles based

on
your
formatting" on the AutoFormat As You Type tab of Tools | AutoCorrect
Options.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jane" wrote in message
In a new document cleanup (large, legal financial documents), we

apply
the
Table Grid style then directly apply the formatting we need (i.e.,
borders,
decimal tabs, indents). Lately, we have found that the tables in

our
documents suddenly change from directly applied formatting to

various
styles
(i.e., TOC1, Heading, Index, Balloon Text). There doesn't seem to

be
any
rhyme or reason. At first, we thought that it happened upon TOC

update or
Index update. Has anyone seen this?