Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
BrantleyMc BrantleyMc is offline

Default Merge Multi-line csv

Hello,
I followed the instructions in Microsoft Article 211303. I could make it
work but this technique is NOT for your average Word User. Is anyone aware
of new features available in Office 2007 that may facilitate this process?

Thanks,
Brant

"David J" wrote:

I'm trying to merge a csv of my website orders into despatch notes I've
created in Word 2003 - it's easy to merge single-line 'flat' data such as
Order No, Name, Addr1, etc...but the problem is that each record has a
sub-set of fields, showing 'item ordered' 'qty' 'price' etc. Each of these
'sub-columns' can have a variable amount of rows depending on how many items
a customer has ordered.

Looking at the csv in Excel, it has * at the end of each 1st (flat) row and
then around the further rows that show the item details (dynamic), with
records separated with 2 rows.

Any ideas on how to merge each dynamic 'Product' field into Word before
moving to the next record?

It's hard to explain but I hope you get the gist of the problem.

DJ