Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Remove underlines from some letters of menu.

Are you sure, Doug? With Tools | Customize open, I right-clicked on File,
deleted the ampersand from &File, and clicked out of the menu. I got a funny
sort of beep, but File did appear with the F not underlined. Since I
immediately restored the ampersand before closing the Customize dialog, I
can't guarantee that it would actually work, however.

The underlining indicates that the key corresponding to the underlined
letter can be used in conjuction with the Alt key as a keyboard shortcut
to invoking the menu item.

They cannot be removed from the built-in menus.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mridul" wrote in message
Why there is underline under some letters of menus in microsoft word and
how
to remove those underlines?